Scuba Probe Technologies is a dynamic and young company manufacturing ultra-sensitive devices for scanning probe microscopy operation in aqueous environments. Our sensors have applications in molecular scale in-situ microscopy, trace analyte detection, or electrochemical measurements.
We are looking for a motivated, hands-on Mechanical Engineer or Electrical Engineer to join our R&D team to design, fabricate, and characterize low-noise force sensors and electrochemical nanoelectrodes. You must be able to confidently handle precision parts and will contribute to the fabrication of our products. In particular, you will be responsible for automation of tools, process optimization, and device characterization. You may also be responsible for scaling-up the processes, troubleshooting, and supporting product commercialization.
- Automate and program tools for scaling up fabrication and evaluating device performance
- Work on innovative research projects that involve instrumentation, experiment design and R&D
- Fabricate low noise sensors and electrochemical nanoelectrodes
- Background in mechanical or electrical engineering, physics, material science or equivalent
- Experience in conception of optical, mechanical and electrical systems and advanced microfabrication processes
- Ability to code, debug and create programs in-house using Python
- Experience in electron and optical microscopy methods and image analysis
- Interested in navigating innovative R&D projects involving development and use of sophisticated instrumentation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a close-knit, multidisciplinary team with fast-paced and dynamic projects
- Skills and attitude necessary to help grow the company into a leading sensor manufacturer
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with excellent problem solving skills
- Good data collection, analysis, and presentation skills
- Proven track record with scanning probe instrumentation in liquids
- Knowledge about electrochemistry and nanoscale characterization methods
- Familiarity working in a cleanroom microfabrication setting
- Experience in market and business development
Work will be performed at state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities. You will be in extensive contact with a highly motivated group of international scientists and R&D professionals. Self-motivated candidates with the ability to work in a dynamic start-up environment are given priority.
Scuba Probe Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Ability to legally work in California i.e. US citizenship or permanent residency status is required.
Interested candidates please submit a resume with reference contact information to email@example.com